Redken is known for providing inspiring, fashion-forward and innovative products and services and an industry-leading education platform to the professional industry for more than 50 years. The leader in the US, Redken brings NYC style and creativity to the worldwide salon community with a commitment to help every salon professional “learn, earn and live better.”
INSPIRATION. FASHION. INNOVATION. The timeline:
- Redken was founded in 1960 by a dynamic, entrepreneurial American actress, Paula Kent, and her hairdresser, Jheri Redding (thus the name “REDKEN”) Redding was a chemist who developed low-PH products for Kents’ sensitive hair.
- In 1968 Vidal Sassoon was hired to tour for Redken.
- In 1970 Redken introduces science and business education to hairdressers.
- The 1st Redken Symposium was held in 1974. To this day, it still draws thousands from all over the globe to attend bi yearly.
- Redken’s Extreme haircare product line was launched in 1980 to strengthen distressed hair. Still being retailed to this day, the Extreme line consists of 11 products.
- As an industry leader in the world of hair color, Redken launched it’s demi-permenant color gloss Shades EQ. Shades EQ is the color that thinks it’s a conditioner and just celebrated a 30th birthday!
- In 1993, L’Oréal purchased Redken and moved the company to 5th Avenue NYC, where the brand developed a strong presence backstage with top designers at Fashion Week. Today, Redken is known as a trendsetting urban brand and is a global leader in professional haircare products and services. The company is fueled by talented people, strong partnerships with the best hairdressers, and superior Research and Innovation.
- Redken products are available in professional beauty salons in over 50 countries.
- Redken’s foundation is still based on extensive scientific knowledge and the belief in, and support of, the expertise of the salon professional. Redken is committed to help every salon professional “learn, earn and live better” and supports this goal not only with innovative products, but also with the inspiration provided by an industry-leading platform of education programs.
Redken is based on science and chemistry and does not test on animals. Reference sites for Redken and Loreal
NEW PRODUCT ALERT
All Soft & All Soft Mega
Color Extend Magnetics
Redken Brews for Men
Rough Paste 12
Iron Shape 11
Wax Blast 10
Control Addict 28