COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY
From the ingredients that go into our formulas, to the raw materials that comprise our packaging, to the effect our products have on the environment during and after use, we are committed to sustainability and reducing our carbon footprint.
- Sustainability is our responsibility
- In minimizing our environmental impact across the entire lifecycle of our products
- In animal rights, our products are never tested on animals
WHAT WE’VE ACCOMPLISHED:
- Reduced the amount of water needed per batch in our manufacturing processes
- Our bottles are made of 50% post-consumer recycled materials and are 100% recyclable
- Products and printed materials use up to 50% PCR materials and FSC paper stock
- We’ve minimized our use of secondary packaging, with cartons we do have being made of 100% recycled fibers
- Reduced utility energy consumption per bottle
- Reduced waste during the filling and packaging process
- We use FDA-approved plastics for unparalleled safety and environmental sustainability
WHAT YOU CAN DO AT HOME & IN THE SALON:
- Run only full loads in washing machines and choose an energy efficient model
- Fix leaky faucets and toilets
- Install high efficiency faucets and toilets. Fitting low-flow attachments to faucets can save a massive 70% of water!
- Rinse out and recycle empty Pureology bottles to minimize waste in our landfills
- Use energy-efficient lighting, laundry machines, heating/cooling systems, and styling tools
Pureology was born in California in 2001, with a simple but powerful idea: to create the very best products for color-treated hair. We led the way in creating products made with purity and good health in mind, and we pioneered the “no nasties” movement with our ZeroSulfate® shampoos and 100% vegan formulas. Our signature aromatherapy fragrances give every Pureology user an indulgent experience while protecting their haircolor. Word quickly spread and our brand became a favorite of stylists and clients alike!
- Our concentrated ZeroSulfate® shampoos use a blend of corn, coconut and sugar to gently cleanse without stripping color.
- Since our formulas are so concentrated you only need to use a quarter-size amount! That means 70+ shampoos from one bottle – so much to love!
- Our exclusive AntiFade Complex® contains antioxidants and full spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreens to protect color vibrancy unlike anything else.
- Our 100% vegan formulas are made with sustainably-sourced natural plant extracts and without animal products or by-products.
- Our dual benefit formulas not only provide color protection, they’re formulated to provide whatever else the hair needs — moisture, volume, strength, smoothness — for customized care without sacrifice.
- Each system has a unique aromatherapy fragrance that surrounds and soothes the senses. You’ll be back for more!
- Pureology’s commitment to sustainability.
- Invest in your color, invest in your color protection.